Contact | Imprint | Source | FAQ | Deutsch | Search

Offshore Wind Energy Yield in Germany

 

With the first electricity feed-in of alpha ventus' offshore wind turbines into the German transmission grid in 2009 - around 38 GWh - an extremely dynamic development of offshore wind power generation and feed-in volumes began. The figures for wind power fed into the grid from 2010 to 2018 confirm the enormous wind energy potential in the North Sea and Baltic Sea. During this period, the amount of energy generated has multiplied by a factor of 120 from 174 GWh (2010) to 20 640 GWh (2018, extrapolation, [Netztransparenz]) (see figure below).

 

 

 

 

Offshore wind power yield in Germany

Data sources: 

[Netztransparenz]; [UeNB 2010]; [UeNB 2011];

[UeNB 2012]; [UeNB 2013]; [UeNB 2014]; [UeNB_2015]; [UeNB_2016][UeNB_2017]

 

 

According to the projection for 2018, 88 percent of the electricity fed into the grid comes from offshore parks in the North Sea. Feed-in, billing and remuneration are provided by the transmission grid operator Tennet TSO GmbH. The remaining 12 percent comes from Baltic Sea wind farms. 50Hertz Transmission GmbH, the responsible transmission grid operator, is responsible for the technical and financial handling. The entire offshore electricity volumes have been marketed directly since 2016.